Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

If this makes sense; my agenda


Video projection is still a developing art form and because it is so intertwined with technology, I can not imagine an end to it's development.  But instead there would be evolutions of it.  Aldous Huxley wrote in "Brave New World," about these things called "feelies;" a sort of cinema for all the senses.  And is it wrong to say that video projection is already a sensual addition to the music they accompany.  And if you add smoke and lasers and whatever else the imagination comes up with; well to me, this is all leading to a fully immersive experience for the audience. 
Video projection is indeed an embodiment of the art of the future and being the creative person I am, I want to be a part of developing it as a medium for entertainment, for experimentation, for story telling,
So to set an absolute goal for myself would only be to limit my possibilities but that's not to say there aren't things I want to try first.  And so, I want to apply my acquired projection skills on a music festival.  Something new, something experimental.  Something like the Aura music festival(I haven't been to but it does look like the kind of place I would want to show off my work).  I can also see myself applying my projection skills onto some future short films.  Just how I would go about it, I'm not sure but I believe I can work something out. 
The world is my oyster, and I get to define what my oyster is.

No comments: