Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Sunday, February 17, 2008

projects!

First off I wanted to tell Abby, that I recently cleaned and updated my computer, so I unfortunately lost my adobe premier 6.5 software and tutorials that I used to create my Skydive music video and some other short clips. Over spring break I will be downloading it all again and re-familiarizing myself. It is what my best friend does on the side. I know you might not want to wait so I suggest just trying to type in final cut pro and adobe premier 6.5 tutorials.

For one of our projects, I would like to be helping Jerome with sound on Marisol using the Live software at the PPAC, and hopefully helping run at show-time. But my luck is such that nothing ever seems to go right for me. I also will be on costume crew for 12th night (the exact same nights, of course). We’ll see what happens. I’m now just reading the script and going to meetings when Jerome tells me to do something.

For another of our projects I wanted to see if I could do any video projection with my music video. Ideally, because I wanted to learn how this was done for my own shows and I was given 4 Barco data 600’s by my trapeze partner. Of course, she did not give me all that was needed and these beasts are extremely antique.
Even though Professor Stan K. told me to get rid of them, Pat suggested I find out what I can about them because “this is a research class”. So I’ve been reading about this brand on line, and I joined an AV forum that I found under these projectors and I’m waiting to hear back from them
(here is my letter)

Hi all
I was recently given 4 Barco data 600's to see what I could do with them. I don't know anything about them but I was hoping to get them working. Or at least find out what else I can do with them. I went on line and pulled up an installation manual and found that I had all the cables (I think) except the control/switch box (remote input) which has all of the projector controls. When I plug in the projector, there are no bulb issues, the lamps and the internal lights come on but nothing comes out the projector. Is there a way to order a remote and if so what is the cost, how long will it take for delivery and is it worth it? Any other information you have on this style projector would be greatly appreciated.

I also contacted some friends of the family who own Digital Lighthouse. They where not quite sure what they could do on this but the owner does offer a MAC using club and since I’ll soon be in the market for an upgrade, he can help me figure out what I’m really going to use my system for and sort out my needs. They do extensive amounts of editing.

Now I’m back to square one. I would like to do something involving music and the creation of if nothing else. Any thoughts might help.

And on that side note, I have put in a request for an internship or apprenticeship over this summer at Skylab Studios. We’ll see what happens there

No comments: