Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Andrea Ward - Danceroom

This is one of the best representations of combining different mediums of art that I've seen. I love the idea of intertwining art and science. The idea of interpreting the dancers' different energies is fantastic and so well done. I love the way that we can see their paths following behind them and the way that their energies are more vibrant in the places where they stood the longest. I also like the way that it wasn't overdone. It's minimalistic and gives the audience a chance to sink into the vibe.

On a side note, there's a part of me that does't love dance room, only because I'm a choreographer at heart and a minimalist. I've never really been very intrigued by insane lights and shapes and sounds being combined because I've always been a purist when it comes to movement. I'm also a minimalist in general.

Regardless, danceroom is a very innovative work.

No comments: