Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, February 10, 2014

FreeFrame!

So while I was exploring FreeFrame in Isadora, I discovered a few things.  First, I had trouble finding videos to use, because videopong would not let me download anything without uploading anything first.  So I used videos I already had in my computer, which caused Isadora to freeze up a few times.  Finally, it worked!  I played with a bunch of different effects but found Tile, Time Warp, Fish Eye, and Glow to be the most aesthetically pleasing, besides Kaleidoscope of course.  Within Isadora, I used both of the Tile and Time Warp effects to change the look of the video I was using, completely.  The video ended up looking like tiles, go figure, that rotated and changed in appearance.  When I used the Fish Eye effect, I also used BLANK to created a video that looked like charcoal drawings.  While recording the video I changed the position of the radius to give the video a movement feel.  On my third video I simply used the Glow effect.  This effect changed the look of the whole video, and the subject of the video tended to disappear, within the glow, at times.  I also ended up using this same effect and video for my kaleidoscope wars final draft.  I found that combining the two effects made for a much more mesmerizing video.  It was really interesting to truly take some time to play with these FreeFrame effects and see how each video could be manipulated!

-Danielle

No comments: