Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, February 10, 2014

Free Frame Blogging

I had a lot of fun playing with the different free frames. Personally I enjoy Kaleidoscope the most. It reminds me of being a kid. I liked refraction and slide as well. I was getting extremely frustrated with Isadora though, because it would let me "play" with all of my videos, but it would only let me record with one specific video from the five that I chose last week to work with. I am uncertain of how to fix this. Any ideas?

I recorded five videos and uploaded them to videopong though. But they aren't as exciting as I would like them to be due to my saving issue.

I like Isadora, I just wish it liked me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had the same issue. I still can't record any of the videos I create using any plugins except Kaleidoscope and Chromium. For whatever reason, Isadora stops responding and crashes when I start recording the stage.