Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blob Tracking and Motion tracking.

When I was looking for "Blob tracking" online for a definition, and I read that it had math involved, I nearly shut down because I thought that I was going to have to do math. And I am so terrible with math. Anyway.
Blob tracking has been defined as mathematical methods that are aimed at detecting regions in a digital image that differ in properties, such as brightness or color, compared to areas surrounding those regions. Basically, things look like blobs in a digital image and are connected in real life as a specific moment. I think that this is going to be really cool to use in many different things outside of dance, in theatre, instructional videos and the like.
I love that motion tracking is much like blob tracking and going to be a thing that can be patched together in Isadora versus doing math and having all of the things being thrown at me at once.

I'm looking forward to seeing the lab today, and I think that we'll be super fun.

No comments: