Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, February 24, 2014

Danceroom Response

I took a look at some of the videos, and I liked Hidden Fields. I watched the two videos on the projects page of it. I liked the 2012 video better. They seemed to utilize motion tracking in a similar (and amazing) was to what we are discussing now. I liked how it imitated what the dancer was doing.

I wanted to know how recognized they are as a company, and I looked into their awards. THERE ARE A LOT. They've received seven since 2012. That's awesome. They're titles are quite impressive.

I also think it is cool that they insert themselves into education as well. I highly recommend watching the education video under the education tab on their website. I think it is neat that they explore the STEM subjects so artistically.

No comments: