Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Friday, September 26, 2014

Cat's Cradle by Stan Brakhage


Prior to watching this short experimental film, I knew I wouldn't find enjoyment. Rather, I was confused and attempted to find the narrative in this film. Visually, it was entertaining. The overall red tone of the film gave some contribution to the mood. The immediate, abrupt sharp cuts between the shots made me unfocused, lost, and waiting for it to end to see some kind of conclusion. I got more of a sense of narrative just from the title alone. I knew the focus was the cat and the story was of its surrounding and habitat.

No comments: