Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Andrea Terrasa- Intro and "The Dante Quartet" Video Comments


Hello everyone! My name is Andrea Terrasa. I am currently a Sophmore Dance and Telecommunications double major. I am mainly a belly dancer, but modern dance trickled into my life when I discovered it at UF. I love creating works that make people think and illusions that stun the visual senses. I took this class because I believe that it will destroy the physical limits within my artistry by providing a new source of artistic outpour that is infinite. Technology and artistry combined are limitless and I am excited to expand my artistic and technological horizons through this class. 

Stan Brakhage’s “The Dante Quartet” highlights the versatility and chaotic order that can be achieved through the correct use of color and lighting. The contrasting layers of color provided and interesting depth to the piece as I often found myself attempting to figure out what was behind all of the quickly changing colors. Brakhage’s use of timing was marvelous and it kept the piece interesting and unpredictable. Words quickly popped onto the screen and disappeared instantly, adding to the progressively quickened pace of the work. In my opinion, the movement of the colors in the piece reminded me of bugs and Hell in relation to “Dante’s Inferno”. This hellish mood was also supplemented by the progressively darkening colors within the piece. 

No comments: