Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Friday, January 10, 2014

Intro for Jennifer Holland, now with added Dante Quartet!

My name is Jennifer and I'm a new transfer student here at UF. I'm currently earning my BA in Theatre (I'm a stage manager and absolutely love what I do). My short term goal (and by short I mean within the next two years) is to graduate and attend Carnegie Mellon for Theatre Production; my long term aspiration is to create my own theatrical company that will encompass both deaf and hearing performance. This dream brings me to why I'm here in Projection Design. I feel that this course will be useful to me in the future because my productions will need additional visual enhancements without being distracting because of our specific audience base. I'm super nervous and excited about taking this course, and I'm hoping to learn so much. I look forward to having an enlightening semester with everyone!

When I found The Dante Quartet on YouTube, I was a bit confused because of the lack of sound. After I figured out that I was watching the correct video, and I wasn't insane, I focused on what was happening on the video. I loved the use of color and how he used it to create this crazy emotion, and how it was used like a psychological effect.. I enjoyed his use of space, and sometimes the lack thereof in the film. I loved how there were text breaks, because it made you focus on what was really important and the focus of the film. 1

No comments: