Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, January 13, 2014

Intro Mia Redding

       Hey every one my name is Mia Redding. I am from North Bergen New Jersey. I am a transfer student from Santa Fe College. I am a Dance major at UF and last semester in my Composition 1 class with my wonderful teacher Dr. Frosch I gained a big interest in dance film. Learning how to project movement on a big screen rather then on stage is so interesting to me, because I feel that media is becoming a big part of the dance world and learning how to do this will be very beneficial for me as an artist. My favorite style of dancing is modern and Afro-Modern. I started really getting into dance when in High school when my mom put me in a Performing Arts High School, and I was a Dance concentration for all four years. My dance teacher in high school has a masters in media design and that is where a spark of my interest also started.
       Dante's Quartet by Stan Brakhage reminded me of an art show or gallery. Even though the pictures would switch fast you can still see the vibrant beautiful colors of each one. I loved the second half of the video with the black background and the vibrant water color pictures. The picture made me think about possibly adding movement to slides? and how would that combination play out? At certain points in the video it seemed to be chaotic. I was trying to think of what may cause the "chaotic emotion?" Possibly the colors of the paintings ( vibrant). Maybe if the colors were more calming such as blue or soft green maybe I would not feel as chaotic. But with that being said the color scheme for this video was perfect because it did give off this chaotic hellish feel.
   

No comments: