Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, January 13, 2014

Caitlin Pilette - Introduction/ Dante Review

Hey!

I'm Caitlin Pilette. I am a BA Dance Major with the intentions of pursuing a Physical Therapy/Dance Therapy/Massage Therapy career. I know, I know, that had a lot of titles in there. I desire to work within the arts in healthcare field as well. Also, I would love to teach high school programs and community theatre camps as well. I just have a lot on my To-Do List! I love sea turtles more than I do most people. My favorite color is red. I'm a sophomore. I'm loud. I love to laugh, sleep, and eat. You can always find me smiling.

Dante's Quartet was very striking to me. I enjoyed the patterns of colors and how they evolved throughout the piece. I put on my "modern dance mind" and created a story line for myself, in order to understand it better. I associated the changing of colors with a change in mood. The colors became darker and darker in their arrangements as the video progressed. I believe that Brakhage would have wanted his audience to create personal storyboards or themselves in order to relate to his works; similar to the mindset of a choreographer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI,

You are very right by using the "modern dance mind". Now that you have mentioned it, it makes sense! It makes so much cents, I currently have loose change.