Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Carly Peloquin Intro and Video Comments

My name is Carly Peloquin (or as I'm probably listed on this class, Carlisle Peloquin), I am a fourth year Scenic Design BFA at the School of Theatre and Dance. However, this is my third semester in the program, so I have another victory lap year until I graduate. I love film and television and hope to enter the industry in Production Design. If you ever want to talk about movies or television, find me- I'm the girl with the crack in her computer screen (what a sad way of describing myself).

Now as for my review of Dante's Quartet, my immediate thought was that I had the wrong video- that this uploader forgot the sound, that something was wrong with my computer. But as I read the comments below the video I was assured that I was at the correct place. As the video started I found myself focused not on the paint but on the negative space where the light shone through the film. The first two sections were hard for me to make sense of, but the third with the fire and darkness was very clear emotionally to understand, and it helped make sense of the resolution of the fourth piece in the quartet. The painting itself was impressive and although I found the video a bit obscure I also found it very beautiful.

No comments: