Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kyle Mosler Introduction

Hello all,

My name is Kyle Mosler and I am a senior BFA dance major here at UF. In my choreographic experience here at the UF School of Theatre and Dance, I have performed a solo which had a video projection which served as a house of memories for the audience to interpret as well as creating a small dance film based on another work I created in 2012. I am also finishing up a small video art/documentary about contemporary dance throughout Africa as a part of my research that I conducted during a six-week dance workshop in Senegal, West Africa over the past summer. I am interested in utilizing the skills I attain from this class to improve my ability to make projections and dance films in the future. It is a rapidly growing interest in the dance community and I share that hunger. Although it's incredibly primitive, here's my dance film, if you're interested in viewing it.

http://vimeo.com/42764826

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to post my comment on the dante quartet here. In this 6 minutes it took to watch, I feel that my thoughts and feelings shifted often. I spent time in so many different emotional states. At a point I was frustrated because I craved for something else to occur. Another time i felt overwhelmed by the beauty of the colors and textures as they sped by, wishing I could see them longer. I was also under a bit of stress because I could never read all of the words before they disappeared. Not only this, but I felt tension from watching the flashing and white noise type effect of the piece.