Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Intro: Danielle Laufersky

Hello everyone!
My name is Danielle.  I am a transfer student in the BFA Dance program at UF.  Before attending UF, I attended Santa Fe College, where I also studied dance.  I was first exposed to the world of Modern dance three years ago at Santa Fe.  I have learned Modern is a dance form that is very difficult to define, because so many different aspects have gone into creating it and it is also a dance form that is still evolving today.  These facts are what interested me in this class.  Technology is becoming a large part in the ever changing dance world.  I have no doubt that the processes we will be learning in this class will be helpful to me.
The Dante Quartet video was interesting.  It was kind of hard to watch because of all the swirling images on the screen.  After watching it for awhile, the images appeared to be moving.  It reminded me of a flip book, where things are drawn so that when flipping through the book the images appear to be moving.  I was intrigued!

No comments: