Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Dante Quartet Comments

After watching the Dante Quartet, I began to realize how a 2-Dimensional image can trick the eye and start to form 3D shapes and movement. After watching the images pass by for a while, I started to see a lot of fluidity within the pieces - my subconscious didn't have enough time to fully process each image, so it tried to make one up using all of them. I also found it interesting to watch with no sound - I believe if it were set to music, it may even become a more powerful show. I'm still trying to work out the initial reference to hell - I suppose were you to be locked in a place surrounded by these images that kept flashing before you, then you would go crazy and it would ultimately feel like hell. The images are harsh to me and evoke feelings of discomfort. After a while, I started to see faces jumping out and moving shapes. It's quite interesting how this was accomplished, and how it can be applied today using modern technology.

No comments: