Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Friday, January 10, 2014

Intro/Video Comment

My name is Darius, I am entering my first year here at UF as a graduate student at Digital Worlds. My undergrad was spent at East Carolina University and I graduated with a degree in Graphic Design. I also love music; listening to it and producing it. I have videography skills and a little bit of animation skills. I know nothing about projection design but I am looking forward to working with you all and hopefully we can learn a lot from each other through our respected fields and talents. The Dante Quartet video’s message was not clear to me. At first, I wondered if I was even watching the correct video. I didn’t feel any type of way after watching it. A video with no sound and quick shuffles of what appeared to be abstract paintings somewhat confused my emotions. The second time I watched it I began noticing images appearing in the background and became more intrigued. I only enjoyed the pretty flashing colors but I wish the video had some kind of audio to it.

No comments: