Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Monday, January 27, 2014

Exploration of Caitlin Pilette

Hey!

So I was looking at WebGL. It was super confusing at first. I must have watched that box spin for like two minutes. But it seems like a pretty cool place to create 3D graphics. Good news! My browser and computer lets it run! Bad news: I am not the best person with technology. One day. One. Day. It seems pretty straight forward.

Mr. Doob must be one really cool guy. The opening graphic with the shape whose colors branched off from it was the coolest thing ever. I enjoyed how the branching action made it seem like a new shape, but it wasn't. The optical illusion was fascinating. I wasn't quite sure how to navigate downloading the files though. But I'm sure his graphics will be awesome to use in the future.

In regards to my .OBJ files, I made shapes in MAYA and the exported them as object files. :)

1 comment:

Pat Pagano said...

fantastic Caitlin! Kenya will be showing us how to map textures on to those models next tuesday!

onward!

pp