Projection Design

“Projection Design” offers a hands-on approach to the design, planning and execution of digital projections in a variety of performance spaces by using a combination of industry standard and open source research software tools. This blog will serve as an online text for the developing book, "Technical Ecstasy" and link for the web-readings, online tutorials,software resources historical examples, video art and performance examples and essential class communications for Projection Design class taught by Patrick Pagano

Friday, January 10, 2014

Kimberly Yeoman's Intro

My name is Kim and I'm in my 4th (and final!) year of undergrad at UF. I'm earning my BFA in Scenic Design with the School of Theatre and Dance. I aspire to be a conceptual artist for the theme park or animation industry. I have recently completed a 6 month internship with Walt Disney Imagineering and hope to continue on with the company after graduation. In my Freshman year, I took the 3D Animation and Modeling class and really enjoyed it, so I thought Projection Design would be useful to learn as well, since the art industry keeps moving toward more computer based works. While I still favor working with traditional tools like paintbrushes and pencils, I am also trying to build up a skill set utilizing the computer to make fine art. I'm excited to get started!

No comments: